Consilium Capital SA Proprietary Limited 1996/000203/07 ("Consilium") is a private company, located at First Floor - 10 Melrose Boulevard Melrose Arch, Melrose North, Johannesburg, 2076, the further details of which are accessible here.
The "responsible party", as referred to in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 ("POPI") is Mrs Hethe-Mari Moolman, who is the information officer.
Information we may collect from you
Consilium may collect and process the following data and/or information:
- Information that you provide by filling in our mandates, service agreements, FIC Act requests and the like.
- If you contact Consilium, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to Consilium's website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required Consilium's billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
You agree to provide accurate, truthful and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything. Failure to adhere to this requirement will entitle Consilium inter alia, to take action against you.
The supply of your Personal Information is voluntary, however you acknowledge that we cannot complete or provide financial or professional services to you if you withhold or decline to supply such Personal Information.
Categories of personal information we may process
Consilium may process the following categories of Personal Information about you:
- personal identifiers, such as name, surname, passport or national identity number, and the like;
- contact details, such as correspondence address, telephone number, email address and other contact details;
- client details, such as details of individuals instructing Consilium, employer details, Personal Information included in any correspondence (including e-mail, telephonic, etc.), documents, evidence or other materials that we Process in the course of providing financial and professional services, meeting details (including attendance; minutes, etc.), and the like;
- consent records, such as details of any consent you may have given Consilium (including the date and time, manner of consent and any related information);
- financial information, such as billing address, payment method(s), bank account number or credit card number, invoice records, payment records, SWIFT details, IBAN details, payment amount, payment date(s), and other billing information; and
- data relating to website visits, such as traffic data, location data, weblogs, your IP address, operating system, browser type, and other communication data.
IP addresses and cookies
Consilium may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, browser type and Internet service provider, for system administration and to report aggregate information to Consilium's advertising agents, advertisers and business partners. This is statistical data about Consilium's users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a "cookie file" which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. "Cookies" refers to information that is sent from Consilium's website to your hard drive where it is saved and contains information to personalise your experience on Consilium's website. In this way, the next time you use Consilium's website, we will know who you are and that you have visited Consilium's website before. They help Consilium to improve the website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They also enable Consilium to:
- estimate Consilium's audience size and usage pattern.
- store information about your preferences, and so allow Consilium to customise Consilium's website according to your individual interests.
- speed up your searches.
How your information is used and disclosed
We use information collected from you or from a third party or held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from Consilium's website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide financial and professional services.
- To provide professional and financial advice.
- To provide you with information, products or services which we feel may interest you.
- To keep you updated with changes and developments to financial services we offer.
- To carry out Consilium's obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Consilium.
- To respond to any queries you make.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of Consilium's services, if any.
- To notify you about changes to Consilium's services.
- To maintain Consilium's internal administrative or client relationship management systems, including the use of third party IT outsourced providers, when applicable.
- To carry out and manage our business operations.
- To carry out legitimate business purposes of or other activities conducted by us from time to time.
- To carry out quality and risk management reviews and legal reporting obligations.
- In aggregate form, for internal business purposes such as generating statistics and developing our strategic and marketing plans;
- To assist Consilium in any future dealings with you.
We may also exchange information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal
- If Consilium or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information held by Consilium will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Consilium, Consilium's clients, or others.
- To assist Consilium in providing you with financial and/or professional services.
On rare occasions, we may be required to disclose your Personal Information due to legal or regulatory requirements. In such instances, we reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information as required to comply with our legal obligations, including but not limited to complying with court orders, warrants, subpoenas, service of process requirements or discovery requests.
Protection of your personal information
We are committed to protecting the Personal Information you provide in a variety of ways. We will:
- treat your Personal Information as strictly confidential;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your Personal Information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your Personal Information;
- upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your Personal Information in our possession or control, to the extent that we are permitted to do so.
Storage of your personal information
All information you provide to Consilium is stored on Consilium's secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) access to certain parts of Consilium's website or Share Point, you are responsible for keeping the means of access confidential. We ask you not to share the means of access with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do Consilium's best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to Consilium's website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information. You have the right to access your Personal Information which we collect from you, including to correct factual errors, review and/or update information.
Such request can be made by sending an email to Consilium at email@example.com.
Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet Consilium's costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Information Officer: Mrs Hethe-Mari Moolman, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Information Regulator (South Africa), Email: email@example.com
JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001.
Links to other websites
The Copyright Act, 1978, governs the making or printing of copies or other reproductions of the content of Consilium's website. No part of Consilium's website nor any content contained on Consilium's website may be copied or reproduced in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Consilium. All rights are reserved.